Thursday, January 15, 2015

Darlington Renovation: Before and After

I'm excited to share some "before and after" photos from my home renovation. I myself love to see spaces transformed, so here is a peak inside my home. Don't judge to harshly, the decor is a work in progress.
Before: Exterior
After: Exterior
Before: Living Room (Photo courtesy of Shannon Motley)
Hello red floors and a random beadboard wall!

After: Living Room
Underneath the beadboard was brick! A wonderful surprise. Unfortunately, I do not have a working fireplace. Too expensive at this time. 

Before: Kitchen (Photo courtesy of Shannon Motley)
I believe this is the home's original kitchen from 1948. Very orange, very dated and hardly any space to work.  It was also closed off from the rest of the house. 

After: Kitchen

I opened up the kitchen by tearing down the wall wear the peninsula is now. Brand new cabinets, appliances and countertops brought this kitchen out of the dark ages.

Before: Dining Room (Courtesy of Shannon Motley)
The original dining room was separated from the kitchen by a wall. It is also opened up to the outside.

After: Dining Room (still searching for a table and chairs...)
The new dining room is now open to the kitchen and a brand new family room addition. Don't you love the wavy floors? (Ha!) A perk of owning an older home. I'm in love with the finish though! I had the original floors sanded down and then applied a light white wash and clear top coat.

After: View into the kitchen and brand new family room addition
After: Family Room addition
I hope you enjoyed this peak inside my home!

1 comment: