Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Kitchen Backsplash Inspiration

I was so eager to move into my house after renovating that I decided to leave a few projects to be completed at a later date. One such project being the kitchen backsplash. I've been staring at white drywall between the cabinets for too long, so I've taken to Pinterest and Houzz to start pulling some inspiration photos.

Here is my kitchen. I love the clean feeling of the white shaker-style cabinets and quartzite countertops. I'd love to use the backsplash to add some warmth and interest to the room.



Also, my kitchen is the center of the house and can be seen from the dining and family room, so I need to make sure I choose a backsplash that will be in keeping with the feel of the rest of the house and something that I won't get tired of too quickly.

White is always a safe option. I love the handmade quality of the subway tile in this kitchen. Each tile has its own unique form that creates a perfectly imperfect pattern on the wall.



A beveled edge subway tile adds some interest and texture. 




The gray handmade tiles in the below kitchen are beautiful. A soft neutral color tile would add a subtle contrast to my white cabinets and countertop. The handmade quality adds a range of color variation that I love.



What about a pop of color in the kitchen?! 



Mini mosaic tiles would add some texture to the backsplash.





So many beautiful options! Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment